I’m just an average Jane.
There I said it!!
I’ve tried my hardest to get my name out there, have conversations, be intentional with those around me yet it always comes down to me being average. Sometimes I feel people don’t want to hang out because I’m average. Some may think I’m popular but I’m far from it. I’ve tried to be more than who I am and strive for things that would benefit my family but it just comes back to average. My blog is average, I live an average lifestyle, and my posts/blog…well, they aren’t even at average. Don’t get me wrong I don’t hate my life or the people in it…I just feel plain.
The only people who are not average in my life is God and my family. Do you know how many times people have come up to me and told me how great my husband is?? Trust me, I know he is amazing;I live with him after all. I try not to take him for granted nor waste the time with my kids because you are only this age once in your life. Better make it count. And that’s what I thought I was doing. I wanted to be more, make more and do more so my family would reap the rewards but instead I feel burnt out, sad and wondering what In the world am I doing!? Anyone have thoughts on this post so far?
Be the best
Keep writing, keep blogging, eventually someone will see you is what they say but is it right? Don’t get me wrong AT ALL. I value the people who interact with me here and I am SO thankful for the people who like my posts. But what I’m talking about is life. I wonder what makes me special, unique, a identity other than mom and wife. I guess I should have found that out when I was young and single but I didn’t so I’m trying to catch up. It’s taken me years to find my identity and in some areas I’m still figuring that out. My concern right now is that I’m going to get to 40 still wondering what in Gods world am I supposed to doing and what makes me special.
Maybe I am special and I just need to start believing it. But it’s hard to feel special when all you do is wash dishes, clean, wipe butts, and clean, sleep,clean and cook. Why wasn’t I told from a young age that being a mom was an amazing journey? Instead I was told to wait, get a job, and work. That a family can wait. The emphasis was on who I should be instead of what I wanted. The emphasis that I should strive towards fame and perfection or not try at all. But people don’t tell you that being mediocre is something special. They don’t tell you there is a million people out there who feel and are in the same boat. They don’t give people in the mediocre mundane life a chance. If they did I bet you they would find some amazing people. Moms, dads, kids, and even animals.
Maybe I am alone in this feeling. Maybe my perspective needs to change. Maybe it’s okay being the plan Jane….
Posts to check out:
- A Moment In The BathroomYou know a lot of my moments with God don’t happen on some magical mountain top. They happen in the four walls of my home on the bathroom toilet. I […]
- Saying GoodbyeI sat on the couch watching my two blessings run about the house climbing into boxes and maybe pulling things apart. I’m not bothered at what they are doing and […]
- Meeting God At The DentistThe other day I brought my youngest kiddo to the dentist. When I was on my way to the dentist I took the wrong turn and had to go the […]
- The Idol To Feel BetterThis morning at church I broke down in tears. Feeling very convicted by the Holy Spirit and comforted that it was okay to want to be better but not to […]
- Room TransformationOkay so we have been living in our home for about 1.5 years and I think we finally decided what we want to do in the spare bed room. My […]