I’m a mom of two kids so Jesus time doesn’t look the same everyday nor does it always look great. Sometimes my Jesus time is a quick hi to God while other days its a worship session. Also I’d like to add that I’m not a morning person so a lot of my time with Jesus is in the day or night. It’s not that I dislike morning time with Jesus but it’s not always feasible for me to do it when I’ve been up all night with a kiddo. The good news is, spending time with God comes in many forms and I don’t think we should be set to a “one size” fits all time with Jesus. What I mean is we can’t all worship, praise and connect with God the same way.
I feel that the church, and Christian social influencers, portray worship one way when in reality it’s messy, meaningful and not always picture perfect. I also would like to add while most moms wake up at the crack of dawn with their coffee in hand; this image just doesn’t fit me. As a mom, Jesus time is in the bathroom, a step outside for a breather, listening to worship music, spending time with God in the morning/evenings or sometimes holding a child when they are sick or crying and you have no idea how to comfort them. I do not always wake up, get a cup of water nor do I stretch and sit on the floor in peace. Sometimes I have kids in the background, and sometimes I pray with my kids. Sometimes I journal what I feel or praying for. Sometimes I worship, and sometimes I say silent prayers. Sometime spending time with God isn’t even in the day!!
*gasp, you heathen*
BUT this is reality and reality isn’t always pretty. Now I’m not saying that we shouldn’t choose to make time for him but we should not view jesus time as a chore. It should come naturally in the way we connect to God. Jesus time is not always peaceful nor is it perfect in this mommas life but the times I do spend with God are deep and meaningful because I do it my way. God meets me in the long pray and the quick simple, “Good morning Lord” or “help me Jesus.” He meets me where I’m at and when I’m asleep. Now, if your Jesus time does work in the morning because that’s when you get the most life then that’s awesome!! But don’t tell people they have to do this in order to hear/connect from the Lord. You can talk and spend time with the Lord anywhere and how you please. Not a morning person? Alright night time devo it is!
As long as you are trying your best to find Jesus and being obedient to his will then you are on the right path. God takes pleasure in our relationship and obedience. He doesn’t want some robotic worship time where it feels forced. Jesus time should bring life and connection to God. A safe space where God can guide us, ask us to repent of sins, and to be intimate with Him. When we copy others bible routine rather than focusing on Jesus, It takes away the uniqueness of the relationship. If God said “wake up at 5:30 for the rest of your life” then do it because he asked you too. Don’t do it to show religious statues or because that’s how your preacher finds most life. Do what connects you to God the most and do not feel guilty when you do it that way. How do you spend your mornings??
- A Moment In The BathroomYou know a lot of my moments with God don’t happen on some magical mountain top. They happen in the four walls of my home on the bathroom toilet. I […]
- Saying GoodbyeI sat on the couch watching my two blessings run about the house climbing into boxes and maybe pulling things apart. I’m not bothered at what they are doing and […]
- Meeting God At The DentistThe other day I brought my youngest kiddo to the dentist. When I was on my way to the dentist I took the wrong turn and had to go the […]
- The Idol To Feel BetterThis morning at church I broke down in tears. Feeling very convicted by the Holy Spirit and comforted that it was okay to want to be better but not to […]
- Room TransformationOkay so we have been living in our home for about 1.5 years and I think we finally decided what we want to do in the spare bed room. My […]