Hello, I thought I’d write a little post on who I am and what in the world am I doing here. Firstly, if you are new here it’s not a coincidence. God brings people together to better ourselves, explore and to connect with others.
My name is Bethany and I am a wife to a wonderful ginger man, a mom of two wonderful boys, and someone who loves Jesus, thrift shopping, anything natural or reusable..oh, and I hate pumpkin spice and coffee…. I’m not your average American mama. I currently went through a weight loss and mindset transformation but that not just what I wrote about. I write about my lifestyle, faith and emotions of a stay at home wife and mom. Why do I write about this? Because as a culture I feel we down play the emotions and feelings of a stay at home mom and wife. It’s hard. I have personally struggled with the transition from being a single woman to a married woman to being a mom, wife and normal human woman.
I struggle with comparison, complaining, loneliness, and the real raw amazing emotions of a mom and wife might feel in their life. There is a lot of mundane, cleaning, and feelings that go into raising human beings. I didn’t realize the need for this type of writing in today’s culture until so many other moms reached out saying I have felt this way but no one talks about this stuff so I felt alone. I’m here to say I get it! However, I’m just going to lay this on the table, I’m not perfect nor do I wish to be and I love writing about these topics. So if you need a boost in faith, or emotional validation or talk about the miracles in the mundane, faith in our finances, then you are in the right spot….also did I mention I write kids books? My very first kids book is being illustrated right now. So exciting!! So what are you waiting for? Come and join the fun!!
Please subscribe by email, through WordPress and don’t forget to subscribe to my social media because you are valued there too! Xoxo 💋
- A Moment In The BathroomYou know a lot of my moments with God don’t happen on some magical mountain top. They happen in the four walls of my home on the bathroom toilet. I don’t know if it’s just a vulnerable moment or what but man a thought that God gave me this morning brought me to tears. I […]
- Saying GoodbyeI sat on the couch watching my two blessings run about the house climbing into boxes and maybe pulling things apart. I’m not bothered at what they are doing and start to see them as a movie before my eyes. I start to look around the house and the boxes that are all around me. […]
- Meeting God At The DentistThe other day I brought my youngest kiddo to the dentist. When I was on my way to the dentist I took the wrong turn and had to go the long way around. This wasn’t all bad as it gave me some time to process something I had been feeling with God. The conversation kinda […]
- The Idol To Feel BetterThis morning at church I broke down in tears. Feeling very convicted by the Holy Spirit and comforted that it was okay to want to be better but not to desire it more than God. To not make it an idol. Lately, Ive been on and off frustrated at God as to why he hasn’t […]
- Room TransformationOkay so we have been living in our home for about 1.5 years and I think we finally decided what we want to do in the spare bed room. My husband and I were not able to renovate the room when we immediately bought the house…and that is OKAAY!! 😊 whether you are able to […]
- Shake The Limb OffLast night I brought my concerns up to Ben if I should get a job. Being sick, pregnant/postpartum for the last 3.5 years has taken a toll on our savings and I had felt responsible aka guilty for the financial issues we have been having..past and present. On one hand I am very glad and […]
- Be Who You AreLast year I was really interested in becoming a Youtuber. While I’m still interested in it I’m not obsessed with the idea of becoming one…instead I am content in just laying that dream to rest and spending time with my family. At the time, though, I was hungry to learn “how to be successful on […]
- Beauty Isn’t About Size & Thighs + Health UpdateI recently went to get my blood draw and thank the Lord my thyroid has leveled back out. Unfortunately my testosterone is still low so I’m looking at ways to boost that back up. Having low testosterone can make me fatigued, muscle aches, bloated, and retain weight. I’ve gained back about 13 pounds but I […]
- The Rewarding Hard PathIn March 2018 I became pregnant with my first sweet baby boy. My husband and I were joyful and super excited for what laid ahead. I remember the day I took a bite of a watermelon and felt my first “Morning sickness.” However, what I didn’t realize was the massive turn that moment brought on. […]
- Attitude For GratitudeOkay so I’ll be the first to admit I struggle with physical battles. Surviving childhood trauma…taking this step by step. Working 3 jobs and going to college..no problem. Living in Texas with no blood related family…no problem. Raising two beautiful boys..no problem. Battling chronic fatigue, EBV, thyroid issues and testosterone issues…ugh *I clasp to the […]